Thursday, January 11, 2007

A Com Call

Three days passed quietly, mostly because Vader missing in action. I have no idea where he was. I think he was in his chamber the whole time. I know for fact he was for awhile. I went there, and I could sense him in there.

Not much to do on the planet. The acid rain keeps you from going outside. So, I explored the fortress. Lots to see there, but not what I was looking for. I still need answers, and anywhere I might be able some were locked tight.

I was sitting the balcony when my comm went off. Now, it shouldn't have. I'm ten years in the future, through a wormhole. But it went off, faintly. I grabbed it and looked at it. I had to smile. Leave it Anakin to try to find some way to contact me.

His voice was washed out with static. What I got was my name and 'do you copy?' I lifted the comm to my lips.

"Ani?"

"Kriss?"

Now that we had introduced ourselves, I tried to listen through the static.

"Where the *static* are you? Are you *static* all right *static*?"

"I'm okay," I replied.

"Are you being *static* again your will? Speak up! I can't *static* you!” he shouted.

"I'm not being held!" I screamed back.

"Get your *static* back here!"

"Who made you boss of me, Skywalker?"

"*static and cursses* Have you *static* your *static* mind?" he asked.

"No, I haven't! I can't leave right now!" I said.

"Don't play that with me! *static* You can't *static* help that creep!"

"Who said I was?"

"KRISS!" Temper, temper.

"*Static* have any idea how much *static* you are in?"

No, I don't have guess about that. A large pile of pudu, I'm sure.

"Don't make me *static* come find you!"

I snorted. "To do what? Give me a spanking?"

"KRISS!"

I felt Vader behind me before I heard him. His head was titled, listening to Anakin screaming over the comm.

"Mr. Hero,” Vader said hotly.

I gave him a pained look. Anakin was really shouting now, making me feel even worse.

"Do you have any idea much trouble you're in," Vader mocked. "Don’t make me come find you."

"Vader, that is tacky," I said.

"Is that Vader?" Anakin shouted. "Tell him to *static* up his helmet!"

Vader snorted.I bit my lip to keep from laughing. "Ani, cool your jets. I'll be back soon."

"Will you now?" Vader said, crossing his arms.

I hushed him with a hand. "Maybe, maybe not," I said, using his own words.

"Sassy," he spat back.

"KRISS!" Ani’s voice came through very clear. "Get back HERE!"

The comm cut out. I looked up and Vader was lowering his hand. "You made the comm go out, didn't you?"

"No."

"Yes, you did!"

"No, I did not!"

Exasperating, he is. I placed the comm back on my belt and stared at Vader. I sighed.

"I really do need to need to get back." I thought for a while. If I left I wouldn't get any answers and possibly end up dead. "Answer me a question?" He nodded. "How long do I have before I- die?"

"Less than a year," he answered.

That gives me time to go back and try to discovery what’s going to happen, doesn't it?

"It can't be changed. You can't go back and tell everyone either," Vader said, reading my thoughts.

"Why not? Maybe it can be changed if we are prepared for it." I gave him a questionable look.

"No one would believe you. Especially Skywalker."

"Well, you haven't told exactly what's going to happen. Maybe you should."

"Can't you figure it out?" he asked.

"I can but I rather hear you tell me," I told him.

Vader matched farther into the room. "Someone you trust turns to Dark Side. He attacks the Jedi Temple and you killed there."

"Who?"

"Me."

I blinked. "WHAT? I thought you said you didn’t kill me!"

Vader stood very still. "I didn’t."

"But you attacked the Temple?" I jumped to my feet. "Can you not make sense here? I'm supposed to like you knowing this?"

He shrugged. "I came back for you."

"I still don’t get that." I was angry, very angry. "You know if I go back I might be able to change things. But you won't tell what I need to know. You know I will try to change it, and I think that has something to do with it."

"It won't change."

"So after you attack the Temple, you ended up in that suit?" I asked.

"Yes."

"How?"

"I was defeated and left for dead."

"Well, I can see why!" I shouted. "The attack is this Order 66 I keep hearing about, right?"

"Yes."

"And you still managed to take over the galaxy and create the Empire. Tough cookie." I glared. "And all Jedi are dead?"

"Most of them."

"I can't believe all this! You bring here and give me little bits, every bit of it horrible and expect me still like you! Find some goodness in you! I should kill you now and do the galaxy of this time a favor!"

I left him standing there. I walked away, storming off. I should kill him. It’s my duty as a Jedi. But why does my saber stay on my belt?
 
posted by Anonymous at 3:31 PM, |

12 Comments:

OH goody. I love Order 66! That is the Kung Pow Chicken right? Otherwise you have have the take-out yourself.

Only a year or so until the jedi get whiped out. Hmmm that seem fishy.
Uncloud your mind Kriss and see behind the mask.....

Don't let him play his little games with you or I come and I have no problems using my light saber
  At 6:05 PM Blogger Skywalker said:
I had a really cool commnent but it went out the window with the Kung Pow Chicken.
*snort*
I think I know who Vader used to be...
If I'm right...
We got a problem.
.
.
.
A big one.
Hello there Kriss I sure miss you! I sure hope this Vader is stoped before we become extinct. I'm still way too little to die! There is so much to see and do?
If only, If only, the Woodpecker sighs,
The bark on the trees was as soft as the skies,
The Wolf howls to the moon, hungry and lonely,
He sings to himself, if only, if only.

I remember that day... It was a sad, sad day...
  At 7:38 PM Blogger cooltopten said:
I,m with skywalker that order 66 kung pow chicken was funny.Dont let vader intimidate you.
  At 4:25 PM Blogger Phobia said:
I agree with Adana.. and Obi Wan.. it is someone we all know and trust.. Kriss I'm so sorry.. , please forgive me it's my fault you died.. when you come home, and I know you will, we'll sit and talk okay?
  At 9:43 PM Blogger Tash199 said:
I sense exactly who it is.... How bout when u come home we go get a drink with Phobia and Obi-Wan. On me! :) We miss u XOXO
  At 12:58 AM Blogger Heidi said:
I brought my wooden spoon, let me at him for ya.....
  At 3:35 AM Blogger Unknown said:
Getum, Nan, getum good for me!
  At 7:32 PM Blogger Tash199 said:
this is a lil' akward and make Ani mad....

Can I join 'The Skywalker Stalkers'?

U said u take requests for pics. I recall that one time Ani played the guitar with me.... Get a pic of it?

Note from Author: Character is used with pics of Kelly Clarkson