Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Crushed

I held the holodisk in my hand. “Okay, I’ll play along with your sick joke.” I crossed the room to the nearest console and slipped the disk in.

The Jedi Temple interior flashed before me. It seemed to be a typical night. Knights were going about their business, doing what we normally do. Then suddenly there were alarms blaring and Jedi started running around, lightsabers drawn and ready.

I watched in horror as an ocean of clone troopers invaded, blasters firing. Knights were falling everywhere I looked. I was watching a slaughter!

From the middle of a cluster of clones a single Jedi emerge, blue lightsaber in his hands. He cut down a small group of Padawans like they were nothing but tree branches. I could faintly hear him shouting orders to the clones as he stormed the main hall.

The Jedi just so happened to turn so I could see his face.

I covered my mouth in shock, my breath sucking in.

It WAS Anakin!

Anakin looked up at the camera. It felt as if he was looking right at me. His eyes were dark, cold. I winced as he flung his saber into the camera and the holo switched to different location. I could barely tell where it was I was so stunned.

Then I saw myself standing with my saber in my hand. I was standing… across from Anakin.

“Have you gone mad, Anakin?” I shouted.

His eyes! Force his eyes! “Anakin is dead,” he said.

“Why are you doing this?”

“It has to be done,” he told me. “You have two options, D.J. You can stand by me or die.”

“You’d kill me? Just like that?”

“Don’t make me kill you.”

My face was a mask of sadness. His was a mask of coldness.

I shook my head. “I won’t stand by you. I can’t do that!”

“Then I suggest you defend yourself,” he said flatly.

I watched myself lower my lightsaber. “I won’t raise my blade against a brother. Will you strike me down anyway? Or does that not matter anymore?” I saw the hesitation his face. “Please, Anakin don’t do this. I know you. This isn’t you,” I begged.

“Anakin is dead!” he shouted again, lifting his saber. “My name is Darth Vader!”

He swung the lightsaber and I slammed my hand on console to shut it off. I couldn’t watch it anymore. I couldn’t watch what was coming.

Anakin was Vader… Vader was Anakin. And Anakin had killed me…

The shock turned into rage.

I turned very slowly and faced Vader, who was still standing by the desk with his arms crossed.

I lost it.

“YOU BASTARD!” I screamed and leapt.
 
posted by Anonymous at 10:38 PM, |

14 Comments:

Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Master Kriss Fight! Kick his bum!
  At 6:25 AM Blogger Lysandra said:
I do believe that's the wrong attitude, Belda.

Kriss, think rationally. It happened. Attacking Vader ain't gonna do any good. What do you think might come out of it? Will that reverse what was done? Or would it turn you into what he has become?
  At 9:07 AM Blogger cooltopten said:
lysandra has a good point about being as bad as Vader if you attack him.BUT sometimes you have to open up a can of woop ass on an Enemy as a last resort.The force will guide you.
  At 1:41 PM Blogger Skywalker said:
*Is in shock. Can't speak*
He's a master of deception, like Satan, except less Satany... Don't trust that Vader... It couldn't be Ani... Not my Ani... Not my Ani who told me about everything.
  At 2:30 PM Blogger Heidi said:
*****Hands DJK personal wood spoon**** This otta do it, just hit the back of his hands and he is as good as down... :)
Anakin, not you, of all people.
Kriss, do not fall into the same trap, you are better than that.
Kriss, noooo, don't. I have lost you once I am not losing you again. I have to find a way to get to this parallel universe of yours

Lysandra, that was very wisely spoken.
  At 9:59 PM Blogger Phobia said:
You and me both Adana.. I have unfinished buisness with that walking tin can..*growls*namelty making his sorry rear end scrap
  At 10:13 AM Blogger Lysandra said:
skywalker, good, keep your mouth shut. you sound better that way.

pho, i'd love to take a kick at that walking gong-faced tin-can myself. What I won't give!

honestly, I think it's true
Now you know, what can you change? Nothing.

Anytime, Pho.
  At 7:24 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
as she lept at him he held out his arms, they embraced and a deep long passonit kis ensued .. yes love has finally found them !!


( the scooby doo ending )

hehehehehehe
  At 10:45 PM Blogger Unknown said:
LMAO! Jaba!
  At 9:29 PM Blogger Tash199 said:
kriss Obs, Pho and I tried to tell u ta get home and talk

I understand this is ur problem but we just want u to be safe