Wednesday, February 07, 2007

So He Is Human...Mostly

"Vader?" I said.

"I should break your neck!" he hissed in that low whisper again. He hardly sounded monstrous. From what I had discovered before, I knew his throat was damaged so a whisper was all he could manage. But his tone, that was the same.

"Let me up!" I cried.

"I don't think so."

"I can't breathe," I lied.

He moved his arm so I lift my face up just fraction, still holding my neck tightly. All I could see was the chair and his leg.

"Let me up! I won't look!"

"No."

I heard him messing with something. "What are you doing?"

"Fixing what you broke," Vader whispered.

I reached back up. His head was turned so I got his cheek. My hand was batted away.

"Stop touching me!"

"Why? You think scars bother me? I've seen worse, you know." I asked. No answer to that. "Turn the chair around or something but let me up! You're killing my knees and my neck! Besides this position looks BAD!"

Vader's next move surprised me. He let go of my neck and spun the chair. I went sprawling backward on my backside. Mind minding the pain, I jerked my head up and jumped to my feet, rubbing said backside. His back was too me but I could see the back of his head!

I silently sucked in my breath. First off let me point out, Vader's scars, on the back of his head at least, are not as bad he thinks. Well, one is. There was deep impression as if some had gone digging in his skull. That was one rough to see. But the rest were pale and faint. With tuffs of blonde hairs growing randomly in patches.

I took a stepped closer to him. I could see over his shoulders but not see his face. Thought hit me: he really was a person under all that armor. I reached out and touched a strand of short hair. It was soft under my fingertips. Force help me, I wanted to see his face now!

Vader lifted his hand, reading my thoughts. "If you dare come around this chair, I'll backhand you back to the past with the Force!"

"Nice," I muttered.

Vader unhooked his cape. When it dropped I see the edge of his shoulder armor and most of his neck. He was muttering and moving around. Lifting a long, shiny tool, he started adjusting the piece of his mask I had damaged.

"Can you fix it?" I asked.

"Yes. This not the first time it’s been damaged," he replied.

I bit my lip. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you," I whispered, feeling bad.

He froze at my words, as if they startled him or something.

TBC
 
posted by Anonymous at 10:34 PM, |

9 Comments:

  At 10:45 PM Blogger Skywalker said:
And agian I ask, you touched it?
Are you mad?
  At 10:47 PM Blogger Phobia said:
Everyone is human.. Kriss.. your on the right track.. He needs forgiveness, not more anger . And for those who say I'm nuts( Anakin)
you know that saying viloence begets viloence? well yeah.. open your eyes and lookie here.. that qualifies I think.

He hasn't harmed you.. and the more this goes on.. to be honest.. i am begining to respect him.. but don't tell him I said that..
  At 2:49 AM Blogger Lysandra said:
skywalker, just shut up and go to oh the 18 levels of sith hell. what are you? jealous? *snorts*

pho, i darn agree with ya, on all counts at that. (I think it's the tiny age gap). [whispers] feel like kicking skywalker's ass so he'll shut up? [/whispers] :D
Wow, Master Kriss! He had blond hair? I'm sure he doesnt look all that bad... I agree with Master Phobia! Foggivenss not anger... Forgivness is the Jedi Way!
  At 8:14 AM Blogger cooltopten said:
Wow vaders human side does still exist.
I think this quaote applies *sweetness isnt a weakness*
I don't know...

I think he likes you...

Or has hurt you, and he feels bad too...

I don't know.
You did good... Nice kick and nice apology! ;)
If there is any good in him you will see it now. Measure your steps carefully though.
Kriss, don't be careless. Don't forget he has been twisted by the Dark Side for too long. But I hope for your sakes that there is good in him still.