Thursday, May 24, 2007

Anakin's Mother

I met Shmi Skywalker. She was at their slave quarters when we arrived. Ani explained to her where he had found me and pointed out the lumps on my head. Shmi insisted I sit down, drink some water, and let her look at my head. Which was fine, besides the ache. I heal fast; it’s a Jedi trait.

I see why Anakin loves her so much. I do believe she is the sweetest woman I have ever encountered. So kind and soft-spoken. It makes me so sad to know she dies. I had to bite my tongue not to warn her about it. If I did that, I could make a big mess of things.

But then again- If she lived…

I pushed the thought away.

Of course she asked me a bunch of questions like Anakin had and I had to skim around the answers. I couldn’t every well say, I’m from the future, now could I? Can you imaging their faces if I did?

“Ani, said you knew his name before he told you.” Shmi said to me.

“She’s a Jedi mom, they know things,” Ani told her.

I only smiled. Good enough answer for me. “I need another ship to get- home. But I need a special ship that’s going to be hard to find here.”

“Can she say here, mom? We can help her!” Ani said.

Shmi nodded. “She can stay here, if she wants. I’m not sure what help I can be, but Anakin here- he might able help you.”

Anakin smiled. Dayum, I miss that smile from his older self. But he might not flash it much after I kick his- uh- have a long conversation with him.

“Thank you. I hope it won’t take me long,” I told her.

Who am I trying to fool?

It was going to take a very long time.
 
posted by Anonymous at 1:27 PM, |

14 Comments:

She was a remarkable woman.
  At 2:23 PM Blogger Skywalker said:
I still dont remember this, but when I try I get a headache.
Aw, ain't he just the cutest lil pipsqueak?
You can rot there as far as I care.. won't it be intresting if you are there whenever Qui Gon and Obi Wan arrive? pity shame you can't do anything...
  At 10:19 PM Blogger Phobia said:
Screw the consequences! For god sake warn her. In your shoes that would have been one of the first things out of my mouth. For once forget the rules of being a Jedi.. forget the consequences.. Do what you can to heal someone's heart.
Have faith Kriss.. I think Phobia might be right.. The consequences are of little vaule when a loved one's life is on the line.
  At 11:02 PM Blogger Tash199 said:
if a life's on the line screw the consequences
  At 3:44 AM Blogger cooltopten said:
I think phobia has hit the nail on the head , but at the end f the day you have to follow your insticts of what is right or wrong.
  At 2:02 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
Oh, please still be there when Qui-gon and Ben arrive... Please, please, please.... That would be so cool!!
It will be interesting to see how Ben/Obi will react to Kriss being there.

Shmi was indeed a remarkable woman and I think Qui Gon was quite taken by her.
I never met Shmi but Qui Gon spoke of her often.

Kriss, she will take care of you.
Kill him. It solves a lot of problems in the future, and he is at his most vulnerable now.
sure there might be consequences but if u save her u had a reason
  At 7:19 PM Blogger Chester17 said:
Shmi sounds like a kind person