Friday, April 27, 2007

One More Lump

This puts a damper on getting back to my own time, being stuck here. I need a new ship but not just any ship will do, I think. Vader had mentioned once that only his ships were made to handle going through wormholes.

He could have lying. Vader DOES like to brag.

So, when my head finally stop spinning, I got back in the fighter and began pulled out the memory system of Nav computer. I was going to need that later.

I had company.

“This thing is awesome!” Anakin kept saying.

“Yes, yes, it’s a wonderful piece of junk,” I muttered, under the console.

“Where did you get it?”

“From someone I’m going kill later,” I mumbled.

Anakin leaned over, hanging upside from the seat. He looked at what I was doing. “What did you say? And you know, you are about it damage that thing.”

I looked up, knocking my head again. “Frack!”

He laughed as I pulled myself out from under the console, rubbing my head. “How many more lumps you want?”

“I was going for four, but I don’t think I can take it.”

“Move over. I’ll get your thing-a-ma-jigger,” he told me and dived under the console like a Whomp rat. Five minutes later, he popped out and handed it to me. “Here you go.”

“Thanks,” I said. “For everything.”

“Sure. What kinda guy would I be if I left a damsel in distress?”

I smiled. Now I know I’m still knocked out and dreaming. That was so Anakin.

“You never told me your name,” he said.

“Kriss.”

Anakin titles his head. “You don’t look like a Kriss.”

“It’s short for Kristilen.”

“What?”

“I’m kidding.”

“Oh.”

He looked up. “There is a sand storming coming. We aren’t far from my home, you better come with me.”

“And we get there how?”

He pointed. “Speeder. It’s Watto’s but he lets me use it. I was supposed to be back by now, he going to be mad, but he’s always mad.”

Watto, now there’s a name I haven’t heard in a long time. Anakin was slave in this time. Then it hit me. Shmi. I could actually meet Anakin’s mother.

I have to tread carefully here. I could really change events that I don’t want changed but I really liked the idea of meeting her.

“Ok, let’s go.”
 
posted by Anonymous at 12:07 PM, |

15 Comments:

  At 1:12 PM Blogger cooltopten said:
Man , you gotta be carefull with banging your head all the time time , 4 times is enough already :) .OOh tempting to meet Anakins mother too , wormholes are fun.
  At 4:06 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
womprat ?? already insutin the kid !

And aint it like ani to try and take a pretty girl home.

oh wait hes only 8.....but hes ani !

This could be more dangerous than vader
  At 5:28 PM Blogger Tash199 said:
I understand that we would all luv to meet Shmi but u could change so many things Kriss
  At 10:26 PM Blogger Skywalker said:
My MOTHER???????!!!

O.o
Oh wow Master Kriss, When you meet her please tell me what she was like? Oh how I wish I was there with you!
Shmi?

My..uh...HIS mother?
  At 9:45 PM Blogger Tash199 said:
shut up Vader!

we don need u screwin with our heads

I hada dream bout Ani's mother once
  At 2:02 AM Blogger Lysandra said:
It seems that all Anakin does is scream everytime you post, Kriss
  At 12:33 PM Blogger Unknown said:
I think it might shock, Lys.

"And aint it like ani to try and take a pretty girl home."

You anit kidding. lol!
HIS MOTHER!?

man I better get back to the temple soon
  At 10:59 PM Blogger Phobia said:
Be careful DJK.. I wish I could have met Shmi, she seems like a very nice woman. Anakin all things considered, and ocnsidering.. you got it lucky, don't you ever dare forget that.
*grins* DJK, speaking from experience, assuming you do get to meetshmi, treasure the moment. It's worth more than anything
Kriss, I can't believe I almost missed this. Force, I must be getting old.....

Yes, Shmi was very nice and she had a good heart. Ani was so different then.
Kriss, stop hurting yourself.

I never met Shmi but Qui Gon spoke often about her. She made quite and impact on him. Get back here soon.
  At 5:10 PM Anonymous Anonymous said:
My great-grandmother? Cool!